Wednesday, March 27, 2002

I forgot to mention a funny situation with the girls (I think on Monday morning) Ellen and I have this ritual when I put the coffee beans in the grinder, I say "coffee grinders...." and then she comes running into the kitchen and says "....grind!" I then let her grind the coffee and then I make a couple cups in the coffee maker. We've been doing this ritual for a couple of years now. She could be in a dead sleep when I poured the beans in the grinder and she will wake up from that....even when she is in her bedroom across the house..

Anyway, the other morning, I poured the beans in the grinder and said "coffee grinder...." and both Sarah and Ellen came running into the kitchen.....(Sarah wants to grind for a few seconds too, just to be involved) Ellen grabbed the grinder lid and sarah grabbed the grinder itself and they were at a standstill about how either one was going to be able to grind,,,,,The following exchanges occurred: "give me the lid", "I want to grind first", "No! I do" I stood back and said nonchalantly that they are going to have to agree about who is going to grind first.

Ellen piped up and said, "Rock, Sissors, Paper"!. Sarah agreed immediately. They both put their respective parts of the grinder down and Ellen counted, "one, two, three" Both came up with rocks. Then Ellen did the count again, "one, two, three" Ellen had scissors, and Sarah still had a rock. Ellen immediately dropped her shoulders and backed away from the counter with the highest amount of respect that I had ever seen her display to her sister.

I thought this was so funny I had to share it. Also, I was laughing outloud when I was writing this. Those two goofs are soooo funnny! Just knowing Sarah....If Sarah would have lost the rock,scissor, paper...I think she would have declared she wasn't ready, or that she would insist on a do over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home