The Temperature of Heat
Ok, so here is the rest of the squirrel story. This last weekend, I was on the computer writing letters to orphans in Peru when I saw that squirrel going the other way in a slow slumber to the opposite side of the house.
I got the pellet gun and went to that side of the house. I thought I saw it, so I took the screen out of the laundry window and cranked the window open. (I specifically got windows like this so I could take the screen off from the inside and the open it to shoot outside). Anyway I thought I saw the squirrel, I shot at it after checking that I had a safe backstop (the neighbor's house).
Well, I obviously missed because the clothes basket I was standing in wasn't fully flush on the floor and it was wobbling. I pumped the gun again and found that the thing that I was shooting at was not the fat squirrel but a little chipmunk. So after a long time waiting for the fat squirrel to reappear, it never did. So I shot at a wood pecker. I hit the tree but missed the bird.
Today, I had a meeting with my boss. We were able to iron some things out. It was a fairly good meeting.
Ellen and Sarah are over here currently. I picked them up from their other home and we stopped at the library, and both of them checked out some books.
Then we did some grocery shopping.
Then we went to the annual meeting of the credit union. I am a member of the board of directors and I got to sit at the head of the table while we conducted the meeting. It was short and sweet. They had created a fairly nice brochure that displayed the photos of each board member. I showed Ellen and Sarah my picture. It's cool because they know almost everybody that was pictured.
I don't know what it will take to get Kris to come down here and organize for us. I keep mentioning it and mentioning it. Just come down. The code to my garage door is likely the same as your's. It starts with 5*** or if you need another clue, it used to be Deb and my last house number which began with 1***.
If that doesn't work, you might be able to crawl in the laundry window. I can't remember if I shut it.
Here is the project list: First clean the office and the desk. This is a high priority since a messy desk drives me crazy. I am seriously crazy because the desk is very, very messy.
Then the garage. The garage just needs a very good organizing. Do you remember how messed up the "shed" at the farm used to be. Well it's not as bad as that. It is maybe 1/100,000th as bad. It would likely take about 4-5 hours to organize it very nicely.
Then the utility room. The utility room just needs a little organizing. Maybe 3-4 hours total.
Doesn't this sound like fun?
Kris, I will give you a little extra incentive. Deb said she doesn't want anybody snooping. But I insist upon it. We will even likely be able to treat who ever comes with you to dinner.
Kris, it would be good if you could swing over and pick up bob off his ass so he can come out here too. I have a whole bunch of wire cuts on my face from walking by all the wires sticking out all over the place.
If you don't want to drive down here, Brittany could drive, couldn't she?
Deb and I are planning to go to Maui from 5-10 to 5-19. The credit union would be sending me there for an educational seminar. I think this is a good deal. They would pay for airfare, hotel, rental vehicle, and all food (and drink) we would need. Essentially, the only thing we would have to pay for is snokeling, or a scenic helicopter ride. (Hey, maybe I could turn the helicopter ride in as a transportation expense).
I haven't been to hawaii yet and neither has Deb so this may be a good opportunity.
I am signing off. Take it easy. We hope when we come home tomorrow, this desk will be clean....

3 Comments:
Where do you come up with the titles of your posts? I just can't figure it out. Funny stuff, though. I didn't see Kris jump at the snooping idea. Maybe you could do an even exchange -- she'll clean your house if you babysit her new pet?
Kris has made a number of empty promises, so I don't expect her to drive 90 minutes out of her way for a brother that she used to smack the shit out of Pat Bauer for me. Well, I'm not a little kid anymore and I guess she doesn't feel like she has to do anything for me anymore.
I could have taken care of myself when I was younger but those kids picked on me because Kris always stood up for me and it just made it worse. They didn't call me a momma's boy.. they call me a sister' boy. Try to shake that curse. It's impossible.
Karen, did you want to come down and help out, especially with the garage?
I don't even want to know about the new pet.
Post a Comment
<< Home