Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Another trip I took was on the cycle. It consisted of a drive starting on friday after work until about 10pm, when it started raining. I stopped at a hotel and recovered until about 10 am. I travelled another 7 hrs. until I arrived at Tom and Judy's cabin home in estes park, CO at 6 pm that saturday. We ate good food, drank some beer, and visited, and shopped a little for the next several days. It was very relaxing. We then connected our motorcylces to a trailer and drove to billings, MT on that thursday. We stayed at a ramada limited and visited with additional relatives. Then on Saturday, June 14, 2003, we attended the event that everything led up to....Tim and Kiely Roska's wedding. It was a wonderful event and it even made some people cry, ....but not me of course.

the wedding reception followed and everyone had a good time. some wisecracker even set off a fireworks display right in front of the reception doorway just after Deb and I left. We still don't know who did that.

Oh, also, I was able to find some very cool fireworks in MT at a nice indian reservation about 30 minutes out of billings, mt. I found $75 worth of good fireworks.

Then, on monday morning, about 9am, I headed for la crosse, wi on my bike. I arrived at home at 12:45am the next morning. I drove all the way through, about 1000 miles, 9 or 10 stops for gas, with only 1 or 2 pee breaks. Most of the time my speed was 95 mph, but sometimes, .....mostly through SD, it peaked out at 120 or so. Those speed bursts were mostly short lived because I just sucked up the gas. At 65 mph, I get about 44 mpg, at 95, I get about 31 mpg.

after sleeping for several hours, i then went to work. I was so tired for the next few days that I didn't know if I would ever catch up on sleep.

anyway, this is a shortened version of the trip and if anyone has any ???s, please ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home